Sunday, August 5, 2007

The Amusing Guilt Transference

I was shopping for the occasion of Friendship Day... I was in one of the card shops in my locality, going through greeting cards... After sometime, a girl comes into the shop and starts hunting for cards. Not that there weren't any girls earlier!! She was one of 'em. But here's wat happened. She was quite close to me as we were looking for cards in the same rack. Then all of a sudden, she calls up someone, and says "Wat are you doing ?? If you're at home, then call me."

What?? Overhearing others' conversations ?? I'm not even a tad bit interested in it. I tried to move a bit aside, so as to concentrate on the cards, but that lady wouldn't lower down her voice. She had her voice loud enough, for me not to hear it. The way she was talking seemed as if it was some guy. So within 10 seconds, she gets a call, from that person. (One more reason for the person to be a guy)

Then she asks him, in a very childish, swinging quality of tone girls can miraculously blend into their speech, so as to melt anyone in front of 'em, or the kind any girl would feel comfortable using, only with the closest of friends or her family. That still sounds sweet most of the times. But this was very funny. She said "Wat do you want? For tomorrow? I'm really very confused. I dont' know what to buy for you. You tell me what do you want." Damn sure now it has to be a guy.

Poor guy!! Instead of being able to think that what a friend is she, who can't even buy a gift for me, gets carried away because of the tone of her voice. She lovingly lulls him into telling what he wants. At first he argues that he doesn't need anything (as anyone has to, for courtesy sake... only few people actually mean it when they say, that they don't need any gifts) She was counter arguing for a long time, "No.. I want to buy something for you.. Tell me what you want tomorrow. No, you tell me... No, you tell me... No, you tell me... No, you tell me... No, you tell me... No, you tell me..." (ughh!!! so irritating na !?!?! That you've to read it so many times !?!? Just imagine how weird it must be sounding there. N yes, she repeated this sentence more than ten times...)

Finally that he gives in, I get to hear out loud, "A Tie!!!"... She was pretty much shocked to believe that he was actually talking about a tie, any man wears with a formal suit. (I know!! pretty weird a choice for a gift, but hey!! Maybe he needed one direly) "Now tell me the place where-from I can buy it... What what ? A tie!! Wat else!?!?! Any place near my house.. I said, a place in 'my area'.." During this entire conversation, I was trying to move further away and away. But that girl, it seemed, wanted me to hear, and also make out the other side of the conversation. She also kept coming towards the other side, looking for cards as I moved along. At one point, I had lost my concentration completely from the written material in the cards.

I was like, "Lady!!! Why don't you now ask him to buy one for himself and then you pay the bill !!!" Cos that was the only thing left to listen to, now... First of all, YOU are buying a gift, and that too you can't do it yourself, that you ask the other person for whom the gift is (and that too out of the blue), that what does he want, then where is it available in the vicinity.

And then the next thing that comes up, "You're good for nothing... Don't even know one shop in my area where I can find it..." Beg Your Pardon Lady !!! But if he's good for nothing, then how useful were YOU?? Can't even find a gift, ask him everything and then shout at him saying he's not of any help... WOW.. I wanted to go and congratulate her... How magically she hid her guilt and fault of not knowing his choices first by talking so sweetly, childishly and slyly, got him into the melted-heart (oh, you're so sweet a girl, I'll do anything for you) phase, made sure he doesn't realize her fault, then got him into speaking out what he wanted.

And the best of all, made him feel guilty for not being able to help her find a gift for himself. I seriously couldn't control myself from smiling (I wanted to laugh out, but then it was a very silent place, and I can maintain my decibel level at zero when I need to, unlike that girl, who made her private conversation public by talking out so loud)

This is really funny and weird. We guys always will keep wondering how (typical) girls (typical ones, cos not all girls are so... Also typical girls are huge in numbers these days) manage to turn the guilt factor around. But then, not all things are meant to be understood. It's these little mysteries that actually develop attraction between males n females. In retrospection of the adages of people of old times, which said - 'One can understand everything on earth, but not women', I think they must 've gone through some incidents of these kind. But then again, its such behaviour and acts that get the guys going crazy behind the girls. Then you can get to see a guy wondering, she's so weird, yet I can't help loving her.

The reverse is equally true. There will be some things about men women will never understand. But, then I'm not wanting to go into the details of why men and women are so. Let it be so. It adds a bit of mystery to the relationships which otherwise, would have been dull had men and women been alike. Also, then, this incident would not have taken place, giving me, and hopefully, you all; a light, enjoyable moment.

3 comments:

Kanwal Haqqi said...

Typical girls of this dumb mentality are like that! I agree!! ur really well aware of girls psyche.... hehe!! how about you get one of ur own to figure out more.. hehe

Aanshi said...

-hellow mr blazin for lyf, ur comment was so stupid..!!!
peace plz...
-mr streamstresser, nice work..

p.s. "girls and boys" we call them opposite sex bcoz they r simply opposite.. not to worry abt psyche..human thots r too complicated..!!

Unknown said...

hehehe..:) nice one yaar! you know girls don't do such things intentionally..thts how v r..not necessary tht the mentioned girl would not be knowing tht guy's choice..if i wanna buy something for my friends or relatives,i would think 'oh! whether she ld like it','oh wat if he does nt like it',n so on 100 times before buying it,even though i know their choice..,well in the end i buy it all on my own..hehe but ya some people might feel the need of asking it to the person for whom they r buying..but again varies from person to person.
ya there r many things abt men too which women would never understand...lol:)
You know wat God has rightly created men n women like this cuz only such things strengthen the bond between them! n thn heard the phrase "opposites attract'?? Ofcourse u have!!:)
Good work Santu!!
Cheers!
Kavita!!

Awesome Quotes [Updated Irregularly :D ]

 -> It was one of those perfect summer days - the sun was shining, the breeze was blowing, the birds were singing and the lawnmower was broken.
- James Dent



 -> When Soloman said that there was a time and a place for everything, he had not encountered the problem of parking an automobile.
 -Bob Edwards




-> After you've heard two eyewitness accounts of an accident, it makes you wonder about history.
 - Dave Barry

Songs That Evoke Extreme Emotions:

Forty Foot Echo - Brand New Day:

A lover feeling extremely sorry for all the mistakes he has committed in the past, and is wanting his girl-friend to come back. The lyrics say so much in so little and even though they're not literal but abstract, they convey so much about relationships.


Tum Se Hi (O.S.T. - Jab We Met):

The lyrics and the melody just takes you into some other state, make you feel euphoric, and romantic as well.


Scott Stapp - Relearn Love:

A guy who had become a part of the cold-hearted world, who realizes it has changed him to be what he really isn't and now he wants to get out of it. He surrenders in front of God pleading Him to make him re-learn what love is all about. 


Switchfoot - Twenty-Four:

Very deep and powerful song. It is about all of the things one struggles with and how many times you fall down.. Since John Foreman was 24 when he wrote this, he talks about how he's fallen down every year of his life... full of screw ups. But this song is about surrendering to God.. "Raising the dead in me" is about God reviving the his spirit... And he's basically saying he's not going to give up even though things have changed so much around him, including himself.


Breaking Benjamin - Diary Of Jane:

A guy who's frustrated with circumstances after his break-up with his girlfriend. He's ready to be everything she wants him to be, he's wanting to go back to her and try and find a place back in her life.


Switchfoot - You:

A perfect song to dedicate to your soul-mate (the Mr./Ms. Perfect)


Poets Of The Fall - Carnival Of Rust:

It's the lyrics that'll get you.  The song absorbs you into itself, and specially, (once again) it's the lyrics that will mesmerize you.


Poets Of The Fall - All The Way/4 U:

It's about the guy promising the girl to be there for her at any time she wants him... The way it's sung takes you into a state of trance, specially the last para...